3.02.2007

Day 2

Do you remember the sound that you here when you hold a shell to your ear? The wooshing and howling - that is the constant background noise in our house. And the weatherman says I may continue to hear it through tomorrow.

Hubs and I woke up to that howling early this morning. We both thought that the plows would have come through already and we'd be on our way to work shortly. Right. Hubs walked out and checked out the situation and I jumped online to see what the World Wide Web could tell me. By the time he got back, I figured we weren't going anywhere. I called my boss to let her know I probably wouldn't be in - she understood totally. She's the only one from our office who lives in town - and she couldn't even get to the office. So thank God for good, smart bosses who know when to close the office. Hubs got an e-mail from work telling everyone to work from home as there was no way they could get to the office. And even if they got there, there was no way they could get in the building. His boss included photos of drifts covering the doors.

So here we are. It's been another good day. Watched a little TLC, made a yummy lunch, joined Hubs outside for a bit - it wasn't bad as long as you kept everything covered and turned away from the wind. Hubs is intent on building a snow fort. I took a bunch of photos - will post some in a bit. We were relieved to hear that the blizzard warning for our area expired at noon. But just found out that it's back on again - until 5 in the morning. Plus it started snowing again - they say probably just another couple of inches - hey what's a few more inches when you already have 16?

Gah - my goofy husband is getting his stuff on to go back out. He is so excited about his snow fort; it really is neat but I would so prefer that he stay in. At least he's only about 10 feet from the house so I can watch him. He even found the gardening tools so he can use them to help dig it out and shape it from the inside. I just opened the door and got a couple of really cool now-you-see-it/now-you-don't photos - the wind is unbelievable.

OK, more wintery photos - and then I'm off to bake peanut butter cookies. I've been so good eating healthy snacks and watching my calorie and fat intake but this weather just begs for baking and yummy treats. And I'll have warm cookies for Hubs to eat when he brings his frozen self in. Here's more pictures -

Hubs climbing up one of the drifts in our yard

Crawling out of his snowfort

See the little pine tree beside the big hardwood tree - and the corner of my garage?

Can you see them now?

Random photo of the blowing snow


Hope you're all staying warm and comfy - especially those of you northeast of here!

2 comments:

J-D-K-G said...

Just like back in the day-enjoying a day out in the snow making forts and coming in for cookies. I love it!

Anonymous said...

OMW
That looks so cold!
Just back from a beach holiday, and guess what? I got lotsa pretty shells :D