11.16.2005

10 days!

This past weekend was great! Had a great time at my shower and spending time with my family! My dad loved his cake (a recipe that was a specialty of my Grandma Ford's)!

On Saturday night, we had our friend's Josh and Renee Hansen out. We cooked up some homemade pizza and played games. It was such a relaxing evening with friends!

This week has been pretty relaxed so far. Sunday was spent at church and small group. Monday we had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING scheduled in the evening. It was so nice to just sit home with Chris and relax. We had a good chance to talk and just enjoy the evening.

We woke up to snow on Tuesday morning. It continued to snow all day and then started blowing. By the time I headed home from work, the roads were awful. We decided it'd be smart to skip dance class and just head home. It took me twice as long to get home and I was so glad to get there. We spent the evening rearranging the office and setting up Chris' computer. We're also trying to organize all his stuff that we've moved to my house so far. After going through some of the stuff, we finally just put it back in the totes, put their lids on and shoved them in the closet. Most of it is stuff that can wait until after the wedding to be dealt with. Chris is so easy going about all that so we got it done quickly and snuggled up on the couch and finished BYF stuff and relaxed.

I got a phone call around 12:30 from my friend Katia. Katia's cousin Rachel was killed in an accident after hitting ice late Tuesday evening up in Minnesota. Please pray for Katia and her whole family. They are having a really rough time right now as they prepare to bury Rachel.

This morning was chilly and beautiful - lots of white snow and bright sunshine! The drive to work took quite a while. It was pretty treacherous at times. I felt like I was driving on a sheet of ice. Tonight we have the last BYF before Thanksgiving. I'm looking forward to cuddling some babies and relaxing.

Just 10 days to go until our wedding! Yeah! Chris and I are both getting excited. At this time next week, we'll be picking up Amy and Laini from the airport and running lots of last minute errands in Omaha. Yeah!

Hope you are all having a great week!

1 comment:

Tamara B said...

sounds like fun. have a good time these next 13 days :)