11.10.2005

Yippee! It's Friday for me!

Wow! Another week is almost gone! Chris got home from Final Haven late Sunday night and we had a little snuggle time before we both passed out.

Monday night we met with our DJ to talk over details and give him some info - got home in time to do a load of laundry and pass out again.

On Tuesday we headed down to dance class and stopped to see our friend Dan on they way. Sometime on Sunday, Dan got bit on the index finger by a barn cat. By Tuesday afternoon, he'd suffered through a few rounds of rabies shots and tetanus shots, and then was admitted to the hospital so they could do surgery on his hand later Tuesday night. We had a great visit with Dan and his wife Tina. Dan was in great spirits going into the surgery. He's home now and in a lot of pain. Would you say a prayer for him if you have some time? Thanks!

After negotiating some crazy traffic, we finally made it to dance class and had a great time. I think Chris and I are both feeling a lot more comfy with the foxtrot and definitely with the waltz. We again headed home in time to pass out.

Last night we were supposed to do nursery at BYF but ended up with no kids! The high schooler's didn't have BYF because most of them were at the girl's state volleyball tournament. The Harlan girls made it to the playoffs again but ended up in a heartbreaking loss to ADM last night. So we headed home early, worked on budget stuff, cleaned up the house, organized gifts we've already received, and passed out. Are you sensing a pattern here?!

Today I am leaving early (YEAH!) to get my hair colored - must cover the gray! and trimmed before the wedding and I'll get to spend some time with my friend Renee. Then tonight, after Chris gets off work, we meet with Pastor for some final details and a quick run through up in the sanctuary.

Tomorrow, long after Chris heads to work, I may drag my self out of bed! Seriously, I just get to sleep in a little. I LOVE FEDERAL HOLIDAY!!! I have a hair-do run-through at the salon at 9:00, followed by an allergy shot, a visit with some friends, and then lunch with Chris. I'm also babysitting my friend's little guy Noah so we'll be wandering around together. After lunch, Noah and I are going to head back to my house so he can take a nap and I can pack and clean. Then after Chris gets home, (and Noah's mommy and daddy pick him up) we'll head up to Sioux City for a bridal shower there. We've got some shopping to do with my mom on Saturday and we're planning on celebrating my dad's 70th birthday. Then it's home again for us.

And yeah! Just 2 weeks to go until Thanksgiving and then the wedding! We are both getting excited. No nerves yet - just happiness!

Hope you all have a great Veteran's Day!

No comments: