3.31.2005

Home again...

My trip to Michigan was great! It was so nice just to be there with him and his family. We spent a lot of time outside, hiking, walking and playing bocce ball. We also caught a movie with his dad and brother and sister-in-law. I really wasn't excited to see Hostage but it ended up being better than I thought with the exception of one nasty, gory scene and one very dumb play on the whole Virgin Mary thing. BAD! But the rest of the movie was actually good. We also got to celebrate Chris' birthday with his family. He was pretty excited to get The Incredibles (from me) and a great jump drive (from his parents). We met Kenny and Edie and the boys on Sunday morning and the five of us headed back to Iowa while Chris drove back to CMU.

The week at work has been good. I'm working on a grant proposal for the Mosquito Creek Watershed in Shelby, Harrison and West Pottawattamie counties. It's not officially due until April 15th but I'd like to get a good draft done tomorrow and get some comments from people higher up on the food chain and then have a chance to rewrite a time or two. So far, so good, but I might not have a full draft done tomorrow. And honestly, I am just not going to push myself too hard on this. It will get done. It will get done on time. And hopefully, it will be good enough to get funded.

So wedding plans are going well. Chris and I found 3 matching, adorable, white satin baskets for the flower girls over the weekend - and they had been clearanced so we didn't have to spend a ton! YEAH!!! It really feels like we have a lot of stuff planned. The next big thing to tackle is my dress and then the bridesmaid dresses. I can't believe it's less than 8 months until our wedding! I cannot wait to spend the rest of my life with this man! Chris is the best gift God has ever given me.

1 comment:

Tamara B said...

Cute, I like. I wish I had/took the time to play with my layout. But extra hours at work and baby stuff keep me super busy!