10.12.2005

45 Days and Counting

So the lovely little countdown thing just told me that it is 45 days until our wedding. 45 days - where did the time go? I can't say I'm really panicking or anything. I just keep thinking "45 days!" Yeah! I'll be married to the most incredible man in the universe in 45 days! I like to focus on the positive!

So speaking of the most incredible man in the universe, Chris and I had dance class last night. We are really having a blast at these classes and all of the other women love him and really enjoy dancing with him (we have to rotate partners throughout the whole class). My observations after dancing with all the other men show conclusively that Chris is the best dance partner because #1 - he smells the best (no BO on my guy!), #2 - he compliments his partners and is a good leader, #3 - he doesn't step on toes, and #4 - he's the cutest guy there! When we were learning the waltz and the foxtrot I was really enjoying dancing with him and watching him dance with the other women - it was all about learning. Now that we're working on the tango though, I kind of want him all for myself. The tango (even the ballroom tango) is a very sensual dance - and I DO NOT like watching Chris dance a sensual dance with other women. The funny thing is though, we're all usually concentrating so hard on our moves that we don't notice anyone but the partner we're with. Thank Goodness!

We got a bit of sad news on Monday. Doug Malo was one of my professors at SDSU and was so much more than just a professor to me. He was my mentor, coach (soil judging), boss (soils lab), advisor, instructor and friend. He and his wife Rosie treated me so well and took good care of me during my time at SDSU. Doug's wife Rosie passed away late Sunday night after a long battle with lung cancer (never smoked a day in her life!). I just don't know what Doug will do without Rosie. I am so very sad for him and their kids, Denise and Rob. Doug and Rosie are/were strong Christians who believe(d) in the saving power of Jesus Christ. Doug and his family know that Rosie is celebrating with Jesus, but this is still going to be so hard on him. If you have a moment, could you please say a prayer for Doug and their family that they would be comforted in their sorrow? Chris and I are heading up to Brookings for the service this weekend.

No comments: