4.11.2006

Catching up again...

So on Friday, my wonderful husband took me on a date to Dave & Buster's. For those who don't know what it is, it's basically a Chuck E. Cheese for adults. Except the food is really good! I had a fantastic pasta dish with tomatoes and mushrooms. I would go back just for that! D&B's also has skee ball - which was totally monopolized by the little kids! Most D&B's have a set time when kids can't be there anymore. Our's is so small that they don't have that rule. But it was still fun. We played a shoot'em up game and then lots of skee ball. Yes, I am a skee ball addict! We stopped at Michael's on the way home so I could pick up scrapbooking stuff. I'm not a huge scrapbooker but we are heading to Michigan in a few weeks and my sister-in-law, Carrie, and I are going to work on scrapbooking our wedding photos while the guys spend the weekend camping and playing in the woods. So we got a bunch of stickers and paper and then headed across the street to Target. At Target we finished off one of our gift cards from the wedding (they are SO handy!) and bought The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe. Chris was psyched and had to watch it as soon as we got home. I watched part of it with him but got scared and decided to tackle laundry and prepare for orals.

The plan for Saturday was to head up to Waverly as soon as Chris got home from play practice. He is playing the repentant criminal in our church's passion play this weekend. He got home around 1 and we headed across the state. We got to Katia's around 5:30-6ish and relaxed with her and the boys. Ian was SO excited to see Chris. We went to church on Sunday morning and followed that up with brunch at the Red Fox. It was yummy! After we got home, Katia and I decided to make a quick run to Walmart to pick up some Easter stuff. We left Sean and Ian in Chris' trusty care. Shortly before we were ready to leave Walmart, Chris called my cell phone and asked if there was anyway we'd want to stop at the hardware store. Can we say RED FLAG!? He and the boys were playing basketball in the driveway and the ball got away from them and busted a basement window. We hurried home to find glass all over the basement! Katia cleaned that up while Chris and Sean headed to the hardware store and I kept Ian busy upstairs so he wouldn't get into the mess. The rest of the day was pretty relaxing. We grilled brats and hamburgers and had those along with a great salad for dinner. Later on we headed to Dairy Queen for a late treat. The boys (including Chris) finished off the night watching SpiderMan while Katia and I talked and watched a Gray's Anatomy rerun in the other room.

We were up early as my orals were scheduled for 8:00 am on the UNI campus. Ian refused to say goodbye to us and even instructed Katia to tell us to stay. With his 3 1/2 year old logic, he thinks if he doesn't tell us goodbye then we won't go. Sorry Buddy! Chris and I headed to Cedar Falls and made it to campus (and a great parking spot -Thank you, GOD!) in plenty of time. I found a spot to sit and go over my notes and Chris headed to the library to use the internet. Orals were tough - lots of questions and I felt like I was talking non-stop. I didn't realize this, but at the end of the time (1 hour), the professors ask you to leave the room and they decide whether you passed or failed. Then they call you back in and tell you. And I passed! Yeah! One step done. It'll probably be another 2-4 weeks before I hear how I did on the written section but I am SO glad to be done with orals. Yeah Me!

After Orals were all done, we grabbed breakfast at Granny Annie's (AWESOME cinnamon rolls!) and then headed to my Dr. appt. Got everything done and we started for home. We got to Chris' office around 4:30. He needed to do some trouble shooting before heading to play practice so I dropped him off, picked up groceries and went home. Spent quite a bit of time cleaning, unpacking and doing laundry. When Chris got home, we caught an episode of The Apprentice and headed to bed. We were both beat from the long weekend.

It's going to be a busy week too. Tonight Chris has a meeting, tomorrow night is our last BYF of the spring, Thursday and Friday we have stuff scheduled. Saturday morning is the last dress rehearsal and at 7:00 Saturday night is the performance of the passion play (I am so not sure about letting everyone see my husband in nothing but a loincloth!). Then Sunday is Easter! Yeah! We have a church potluck breakfast between first and second service. And then we are having a dinner with our friends Brian and Sharon and Noah. My mom and dad and sisters may come down too. Lots to look forward to.

Hope you are all having a great week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl you have a FULL life!!!!!! What a blessing!

Tamara B said...

how fun. I'm glad you have the energy for all of that!