4.03.2006

Done

For better or worse I am done with my written comps. Whew.

It was an incredibly painful weekend but I am so thankful it is over! Thanks for the good wishes and prayers!

My husband is absolutely amazing! Chris stopped at the grocery store on Friday night on his way home. He walked in the door, took out a bag of Hershey Kisses with caramel, opened them and set them beside me at the computer. He then went and grabbed a glass of ice and a coke and set them down too. Then he left me alone to work on my comps. When we got up Saturday morning, he made me eggs and bacon and sliced oranges, then made me lunch, and supper - and cleaned the house in between! He did laundry, sorted stuff, did dishes - and continually brought me healthy little snacks. How incredible is that?! I am SO spoiled!

And the poor guy - it's his birthday today. We didn't get to celebrate this weekend obviously but tonight we were able to relax and spend some time together. I got a tiny little cake at the store and made his favorite appetizers. We crashed on the couch for a bit and now he's playing a game. He said it was a great birthday. Tomorrow we're going to meet some friends for dinner at a local pizza buffet and this weekend we have plans to go pick him up a new game, so he's pretty content.

I think we are both totally exhausted. We actually took a quick nap when he first got home. I'm not sure we would have woken up at all except for the ringing phone.

So sometime in the next 10 days I will go through my oral comps. The department defines the oral comps as a "conversation among colleagues." Will someone tell me how you can fail a conversation??? Yep, there's still a pass/fail on orals too. Oh well, I'll go chat with them for an hour. I should find out in about a month how I did. I'm sure I'll post the results here.

Hope you have all had a great weekend and that the week ahead is looking great!

4 comments:

Tamara B said...

I'll keep praying that you PASS your orals. You're a girl, of course you can talk...

Lisa said...

Yay for you! Good luck with the oral comps! :) And happy birthday to your husband!

Chris, Renae & Annie said...

Tammy & Lisa - THANKS! Orals are 8:00 am Monday morning at UNI. Can't wait to be done!

Anonymous said...

you have the NICEST hubby!!!!!!!!!

UNI? University of Northern Iowa?