4.26.2006

Miles and Miles to Michigan and Back

Chris and I left around 3:00 on Thursday and headed to Michigan. I drove the first several hours and then he took over. I think I slept from the Iowa border all the way to Chicago. We were making great time but got stopped due to the never ending construction in Chicago. We made it to Ann Arbor around 2:00 a.m. and crashed on Mike & Carrie’s sofa bed. Marshall must have been excited to see us because he was up before the crack of dawn – 6:00 am! We snuck in a little bit more sleep and then got up and ran some errands while Marshall took his morning nap.

The guys left to head to Kalamazoo around 2ish and Carrie was at work so Marshall and I hung out with Mom and Dad Nicholson. We had a great time relaxing and talking and taking a walk. After Carrie got home from work, we ate dinner and played some games. And Marshall decided to show everyone his new game – playing peek-a-boo with his bedroom door! The wee one was supposed to be sleeping but he has learned to stand up in his crib. And on Friday, he figured out he could reach his door and open and close it, laughing hysterically every time he saw one of us. It was quite the fun game – until Mommy moved his crib away from the door and the wall.

On Saturday we scrapbooked and relaxed, spent some quality time with our friends Bill and Amy and their little guy, Liam. Amy and Bill are awesome people! I am excited for when we move to Michigan knowing we have great friends there in them. It also makes me so happy to have such a great brother-in-law and sister-in-law in Mike and Carrie. They love Chris so much and have welcomed me with open arms. I had such a great time spending the weekend with Carrie and Marshall. My in-laws are also wonderful! It was so nice to hang out with them and get to talk a lot. Chris’ dad told me several cute stories about him – how fun is that?!


I left Ann Arbor pretty early on Sunday and headed to a camp northwest of Goble, MI to pick up Chris. I was able to get in some quick visits with several of our friends before we headed for home again. We made fantastic time and got back to our house around 8:30 on Sunday night. It was really nice to get home before midnight – our usual return time.

So now we’re home again for a few weeks. We have a couple of small jaunts planned over the next month – one up to Sioux City to see my parents, another up to northeastern and north central Iowa to see some friends and then we head back to Michigan at the end of the May.

Not much has been happening since we’ve gotten home. We are still making decisions and doing some research in regards to renting or selling the house in Michigan and have been spending time on that every night. Other than enjoying the weather, we’ve been having a fairly low-key week. On Saturday, we’re heading to Omaha and the Build-A-Bear Workshop. We’re going to build a Nikki’s Bear, with a portion of the proceeds going toward autism research (see my post below for more info). And hopefully by then I will know how I did on my written comps. Still no news for now.

Hope you are all having a great week!
I leave with you some photos of the weekend...


Our friends - Bill & Amy and Liam

Super Smiley Liam (Check out all that hair!)

My Fantastic Sister-in-Law Carrie with a tired Marshall

My Happy Little Nephew Marshall

Marshall Jumping for Joy

Marshall Playing with a Final Haven Dagger

No comments: