5.26.2006

Three Cheers for Friday!!!

Yeah! I'm so happy it's Friday! Not that this week has been bad. It's actually been a very good week. Here are a few highlights -
  • My best friend, Amy, got engaged on Tuesday night to her beshert (that's the Hebrew word for soulmate), Ross. Ross completely and totally surprised Amy and it was awesome to be in on it.
  • Had a great week working with my co-workers. We are getting a new boss soon (in 2 weeks) so I think we're all a little nervously optimistic. In the meantime, we are just working away - and having a lot of fun. I love getting to work with such good people.
  • My husband and the other guys in the small group surpised the women last night with a belated Mother's Day excursion. We visited the Danish Immigrant Museum in Elk Horn, IA followed by dinner at the Danish Inn. It was a very fun evening.
  • I FINALLY got my hair colored again - Goodbye Gray! And the best part was I got to spend the afternoon with my friend, Renee. She cut and colored and we talked our heads off. Renee's husband Josh has been going through some medical stuff so it's been tough to find time to catch up. Yesterday afternoon was perfect and we had a great time.
  • And, of course, the highlight of my week was watching Taylor Hicks win American Idol! Yeah, Taylor! We can't wait to buy your CD!

So it's been a really good week. And now that it's Friday things are better. Wanna know why? Ok, I'll tell you - in three cheers (see title of this post).

  • Cheer 1 - Today is mine and Chris' 6-month anniversary. I know, I know, not all that long, but it has been 6 of the very best months of my life. I cannot tell you how very blessed I am to have Chris as my husband. I am looking forward to the next 60 years with this man.
  • Cheer 2 - I am only working a half day. And again, you may ask why? Well that would lead us to cheer 3.
  • Cheer 3 - We leave for Michigan in just a few hours! Yeah!!! We are heading out a little after noon and don't come home until June 4th. Of course, we'll have lots of work to get done with the house and all, but we also have time planned with our friends and family. We should get to Mom and Dad Nicholson's house by midnight tonight. And then tomorrow, Carrie (my awesome sil) and Marhsall (my cute as can be nephew) and I are going to a birthday party while the guys go see X-Men 3. Then it's a family dinner celebrating my mil's birthday (which was Wednesday - Happy Birthday Mom!). And who knows after that. Chris and I are just happy to be going and to get to see everyone.

So life is fabulous! We're at T-minus 3 hours. Just have to run around and get a couple of errands done, including gas and ice, and then we're out of here. Goodbye Iowa! Hello Michigan! Hope you all have a great long weekend!

2 comments:

Tamara B said...

HOpe you're having a good time there and enjoying some time away from status reviews!

Anonymous said...

Hope you had fun, girl!!!!!!!!!!