6.27.2006

Offer and More

Offer

We got an offer on our house in Michigan today. It's a pretty decent offer. Now we have to submit everything to the mortgage company to see if they will accept it and allow us to short sell. Send up a few prayers up for us that all goes well and the mortgage company gets their heads out of their tukus'.

Weekend
Chris and I headed up to Sioux City on Friday afternoon to visit my parents. My awesome husband drove the whole way and let me take a nap - despite the fact that he was a little tired too. We met my mom at the mall and had dinner and shopped around a little bit before heading back to the hotel. In the morning, we picked up Mom and then Chris dropped Mom and I off at my cousin Tami's bridal shower. He went off to explore on his own while we had some girl time. It was nice to visit with my aunt and cousins. I think one of the coolest things is just watching my cousin Tina and how much she has grown up. Tina was born the day before me, our moms even shared a hospital room and her parents are my Godparents. Anyway, Tina was always the wild child (at least compared to me). She got married shortly after we graduated from high school and then had her oldest son Ethan. Sadly, that marriage ended when her husband took his own life. A few years later, she met Josh and married him and they had Noah and Sydney. Both are adorable, as is Ethan. But they found out in the last few years that Noah is autistic. It is so incredible to watch how Tina is with him. She was a good mom anyway, but she is absolutely amazing with Noah and all that she has done to help him advance. She is such an advocate for him. I was almost in tears just being so happy for her and so proud of her.

After the shower, Chris came and got Mom and I and we picked up Dad and relaxed for a while. We all headed to Famous Dave's for an early dinner and then we headed back home. Sunday was church and small group.

This week we are trying desperately to clean and sort and organize our house. We have kind of been shoving stuff in since before the wedding. And then we brought back a whole bunch of Chris' stuff from Michigan and now we have a massive mess. So we have been unloading closets, and basically making keep, sell and toss piles. I have a nice pile of stuff for a garage sale. And we have thrown a ton out already. It feels good but I'd like to get rid of even more. Ever since I moved my mom out of the house my family had lived in for over 20 years, I have this overwhelming need to downsize.

We have another motive for getting things cleaned out though. My friend Katia and her little guy Ian are coming down for the weekend. And since the bed in the spare room is currently covered with all kinds of stuff, we're thinking we should get it cleared off and the room cleaned out so they can sleep in there. And maybe we should get the other rooms done so we have some space to relax and play. Which means I will be cleaning and sorting every night this week. Not so much fun. But I'm hoping the end result will encourage me to keep on top of it.

We are really looking forward to seeing Katia and Ian too! We'll miss Seanie but he gets to spend the weekend at the lake with his grandparents. We're hoping to maybe hit the zoo on Saturday and hopefully go swimming at some point too. It'll just be nice to have them here.

No comments: