6.16.2006

TGIF!, Date Night, Weddings, & Photos

TGIF!
Yeah, it's Friday! Chris headed out early (way, way early) for his company retreat in KC. So tonight, my friend Melanie (whose husband Dan works for the same company and is also at the retreat) and I are going shopping! Mel's kids are visiting Grandma this week and won't be home until late tomorrow so we're both single and carefree tonight! Of course, knowing us, we'll probably spend the whole evening looking for stuff for our husbands and talking about them! We're planning a nice dinner in Omaha and then more shopping, followed by a sleepover at Mel's. I'm looking forward to some girl time!

Date Night
Last night, Chris and I went had our date night - a yummy spaghetti dinner at Joe's followed by a movie. The movie ended up being a serious downer. Chris had voted for Cars but thinking that The Break Up was a romantic comedy, I opted for it. After the movie, I promised Chris, and I am repeating that promise in writing here, that he gets the final say on all future movie choices. He is really good about balancing the number of chick flick, comedies and superhero movies we see so it's all his from here on out. Like I mentioned, I was expecting a romantic comedy, and there were funny parts, but honestly, it was just depressing, very sad. We walked out feeling terrible but it was nice to realize that we don't act anything like the couple in the movie - and Chris is always telling and showing me how much he appreciates what I do. I cannot thank God enough for a loving, Godly husband.

Wedding
Tomorrow afternoon Chris and I have a wedding to go to. He probably won't make it to the ceremony but is planning on meeting me at the reception. We are in charge of running the wedding video so I'm really hoping he gets back in time to do that. I'm running over to the reception site today to set it up and I am hoping it works! Wish me luck! This is the first wedding we've attended since our wedding 6 months ago and we're looking forward to relaxing and enjoying the evening. We're also excited about the gift we're giving them! Our friends, Deedra and Justin, gave the neatest gift and we're using the idea for Stephen and Laura's wedding gift. Deed and Justin gave us a simple little decorative box. Inside was a note that this was a blessing box. You were to write down your blessings, large and small and put them in the box. You could pull one out to read when you were sad or needed encouragement. Then on Thanksgiving, you should read all the blessings together. We love it and use it regularly. And now we get to pass it on! Joann, my friend and Stephen's mom, thought they would love it too so that makes it even better. Laura also mentioned to Joann that they hadn't received any photo frames as shower gifts and she was hoping to get some. So now they will be getting frames too. I think this is the first wedding I've been to where I haven't agonized over the gift and it is so nice. My goal on the shopping trip tonight is to find the perfect boxes for the Blessing Boxes - and to buy several! We have several more weddings this summer and I love this gift idea.

Photos
Finally was able to upload the photos from my camera to the computer from our trip to Michigan. I didn't get many taken but there are some adorable ones of my nephew Marshall and our friend's little guy Liam.

Never mind - dumb blogger won't upload photos right now. Will put them on later today.

Hope you all have a great weekend!



3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I wanted to go see this movie. But maybe I should wait for the DVD??

Jewl said...

Noticed you on my Blog's stat counter and thought I would pop over and say hello!! Nice Blog you have here... Think I will go check it out some more.

Anonymous said...

Yeah for blessing boxes!!! We're glad you liked the idea and are passing on the love! We actually got 2 for our wedding from 2 of my cousins who happen to be sisters! Justin and I take off today for Washington DC for a vacation. We are pumped! So much to see and do...