3.21.2006

A couple photos

We have been receiving some photos, both via e-mail and snail mail, from family and friends who took photos at the wedding. It's been fun seeing what different people captured. My friend Amy K. out in Philly sent me these pictures from the wedding and they are two of my favorite non-Chris and I photos. I really liked them so I had to share. These were scanned in so they don't look as good at the originals but I still like them.

This first one is of Amy K., me, and Amyla. The photo was taken in the church library about 10 minutes before the ceremony began. Amy K. and her mom, Elaine, came all the way from Philly for our wedding. The thing that amazed me the most is that we had only met once - about 4 months prior when I was out visiting Amyla. Amy K. and Elaine are just such awesome people. They have both been through so much in the past year, including losing Amy's Dad/Elaine's husband in early August. Then Amy went through a rough breakup. But she is such an amazing person - and she makes the best chocolate chip cookies in the world!



This next pic is of Amyla and I - hold the cookies Amy K. baked and brought to Iowa with her! Amyla wouldn't let me eat one before the wedding but I got to snack on them later - and Chris and I finished them off the next morning. How many people would bake cookies and bring them all the way to Iowa to deliver them??? My friend Amy K. will! Love ya Ame! And you too Amyla! And Rossypoo too! If you look close, you can see Ian in the corner - he is my baby! And he turns 4 this June! I can't believe it. The other night I was on the phone with Katia, Ian's mom. She asked him if he wanted to go see Nae and Chis (what he calls us). His response, "OK, right now." He was ready to go! We are looking forward to seeing Katia and Sean Ian when I take my oral comps. We're hoping to spend a long weekend with them either before or after my comps.


3 comments:

Lisa said...

You're so lucky - there are so many pictures out there from our wedding that I haven't seen.

What kind of cookies were they?

Chris, Renae & Annie said...

Lisa - the cookies were chocolate chip! My favorite! She really makes fantastic cookies!

I was so excited to get these photos! We've received some of other people's - especially those taken on digital. But there are a ton out there that I know we haven't seen yet.

Fantastagirl said...

I loved the photos that other people took - (the non-professional pictures) from our wedding..they seemed to capture the day and silly memories (like your cookies)... Enjoy them!